Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A Sad Day for Dangerous Things

EDIT: So apparently I was in violation of Nintendo's copyrights. Until further notice the "Game Boy" and "Game Girl" products will not be carried in the shops. I would also just like to say that I am against people violating such laws, that I personally never had any intention of violating copyright laws, and that I will happily abide by them in order to successfully run my business. Basically, I would feel cheated too if someone was using my artwork for their own personal gain, so I understand that even though my artwork was distinct, it was still loosely based upon a known trademark, and that's what caused the problem.

So today I had 18 items pulled from my shop for supposed Copyright Infringement. This makes me really sad as I had no intention of violating any laws, and the shirts, etc. had been in the shop for almost a year with no outside action on anyone's part, so with the site's approval I was under the impression that I hadn't violated any laws.

I've sent an email to the site to get to the bottom of the situation, because I still kind of feel like I really didn't violate any laws, and I would like to know specifically which laws were violated so I can avoid problems in the future, or if I even really violated any copyright laws to begin with.

To be honest, it seems like a situation where someone got a little carried away with reporting people and just ran rampant through my account. It really is rather upsetting.

No comments:

Post a Comment